Details of the talk and how you can register are now on the Meetings Page along with links to some help sheets which we hope will help the meeting to run smoothly!
Normally, we would be able to include information about meetings, talks, gatherings, Family History Fairs, special events at Manchester Central Library, Gallery Oldham and so much more. HOWEVER, when our lives start to return to some sort of normality, we will bring you all the news of what's going on in our district.
Our monthly Oldham & District newsletter (no need to be a member) also keeps us up to date with articles, a postbag, news of 'what's on', and much more. You can sign up to receive a monthly digital copy (to read on-line or download) or you can visit the Newsletter Archives to 'pick and mix'! Newsletter.
"We’re very pleased to announce that we will be able to welcome visitors back into our search room from Wednesday 7 October. We will be offering a limited service to visitors who need access to our collections or computers for their research. Visitors will be required to book their visit and order their documents in advance. Please contact us via phone or email.
Oldham Local Studies and Archives, 84 Union Street, Oldham, OL1 1DN.
T: 0161 770 4654.
* 2020-10-29 Notification that Oldham Branch will host its first online talk, with zoom, in December. 'Failsworth & Woodhouses War Comforts Society in WW1'
* 2020-10-18 Custom Roll and Rental of the Manor of Ashton-under-Lyne, November 11, 1422'.
added links to ,pdf documents :
(1) General Introduction and Resource links (2) Index to Part lll
* 2020-10-15 Custom Roll and Rental of the Manor of Ashton-under-Lyne, November 11, 1422'. (extracts transcribed)
* 2020-10-12 'Manchester Hill'.
The 16th(S) Battalion, Manchester Regiment, in the Second Battle of the Somme, at Manchester Hill, 21st March, 1918. With names of the men who died.